This blog has moved to a new location. Please click here! Thank you in advance.
I learned about Moody Mamas October of 2008. I was in LA at the Mom 2B Tradeshow looking for products for my lovely online boutique when I saw their swanky little booth. The company was started by two young women (never been married, never had kids). Quite unusual, but also very special. Their clothing was unique because it was so soft and luxurious to touch. Being that I rarely sell clothing, I wasn’t really looking for clothing, but when I saw the Playful Mama Poncho had to add the store.
Playful Mama Poncho
It was so soft and comfortable that I knew that women would LOVE it. Last week I had a chat with Elise Rosemarin, Co-founder of Moody Mamas. She says, “Not your average nursing cover-up, this piece provides fashion and function. Unlike other nursing cover-ups that look like shower curtains or are obviously for nursing, this poncho is cute and versatile. This poncho is double sided, so if you would rather use it as an on-the-go blankie for your baby, flip the poncho inside out and it has a soft velour lining that you could use to cover your baby! Best of all, this nursing poncho is perfect for the on-the-go mama all because when you are done using it, you can stuff the poncho inside one of its pockets and it will form a ball that is small enough to fit in your diaper bag!”. What I love about the poncho is that you can wear it long after pregnancy, after nursing, when you want to throw on a sweatshirt, but want to be a little more chic about it.
The rest of their clothing is just to die for. If I were pregnant right now, I would live in most of their pieces and look fabulous and feel comfortable. I would love to carry more Moody Mamas products and will in the future as I honestly believe that so many of their items are MUST HAVES!
Another thing that makes the Moody Mamas so special was their ability to attract designer and Project Runway winner Christian Siriano to create “Fierce Mamas”, a collection for Moody Mamas. Very cutting edge, very stylish. Like I said, these ladies are special. I’m pleased to say that they will have a lower-priced collection debuting at Target (yes, they target whom Liz Lange designed maternity for) , next week (April15th). I feel honored to have partnered with them from the beginning and hope to have a long lasting one into the future.
She carried your child for 40 weeks, went through a body transformation, battle ailments, bouts of sleeplessness and was in labor for an immeasurable amount of time. What does one give as a gift in recognition of all that she has been through? Being that most men are not really good shoppers, I thought that I would highlight a few gifts that say, “Thanks for going through it all”. Here is BellyButtonBoutique.com’s list of the Top 5 Push Gifts:
1. A gift card to DSW – After wearing “sensible” shoes for the past 6 months, she is ready to burn them and move on. And lets face it, pregnancy has probably caused her feet to grow out of every pair of shoes that she owns. A gift card from DSW or her favorite shoe place will bring instant tears to her eyes. Personalize it with a picture (like the sonogram) for an extra special touch.
2. Hand stamped “I Am Blessed” Necklace by KLA Custom Creations - After experiencing the ability to grow a human being inside of your body and bring it into the world there will be no question of how blessed she is.
3. Gift certificate for baby concierge services – Yes, a baby concierge. Now that the little one is here errands and other daily tasks will start to pile up. Premier Baby Concierge offers services to help moms transition during this time. Services include: personal assistant, education, support, and more.
4. Postpartum Chiropractic Adjustment – Getting back into shape may be a primary concern for mama, but making sure that the body is ready for activity is step one. According to dcdoctor.com, “Chiropractic adjustments quicken recovery time and assist the body in normalizing overall pelvic and spinal biomechanics following pregnancy”. Find a chiropractor that specializes in postnatal adjustments. Specifically, the Webster Technique.
5. Meal Delivery – Yes, she will be on maternity leave, but that doesn’t mean that she has the time or energy to cook. A wonderful gift would be having her breakfast, lunch and dinners prepared by a local chef who will stock the refrigerator with the meals in advance. Chefs are trained to create meals for special diets and allergies and can even come up with a special menu for new mommy.
I’d love your comments, what do you think is a great push gift?
Bellybuttonboutique.com is a store that sells products of comfort and relief to pre and postnatal women. This blog is to update you on the latest and greatest in the baby birthin’ industry and a story or two about the owner’s struggles through parenthood.
Visit Our Online Boutique
- Win My Disney Swag fb.me/LvYLg9nY 4 days ago
- Great idea. You should have told me to do this today! (@YouTube youtu.be/mxB2miVzs7U?a) 4 days ago
- Minnie's Garden Premier Glider Swing from Graco® - Demo: youtu.be/oHAuik-i64g?a via @YouTube 4 days ago
- What Disney Baby Has To Offer New Moms fb.me/BuwlEjxV 5 days ago
- I was trying to get the Pooh products in the shot and got sidetracked by the amazing view. fb.me/1yCsDfc7C 6 days ago
Facebook Fan Page
Tags6 Way Maternity Dress 10! Show abrehab Althea Lawton-Thompson Bellybuttonboutique bellybuttonboutique.com Belly Couture breastfeeding c-section delivery diastasis diastasis recti doula emergency c-section exercise Holiday Maternity Clothing hospital International School of Shiatsu jennifer mossholder julie tupler karla trotman labor lose your mummy tummy maternal fitness maternity maternity clothing maternity dresses mummy tummy nursing pilates postnatal postpartum pregnancy pregnant prenatal prenatal yoga RLS sciatica sciatic nerve Shopping spider veins uncomfortable preganacy uncomfortable pregnancy www.bellybuttonboutique.com yoga